STX Beacon: Company and Worker Reports
Worker Tips Report
Navigate to Reports > Worker Tips, then select the parameters for the report.
If you wish to generate a report for all workers combined, set the Worker drop-down menu to Company.
If you wish to generate a report for an individual worker, select the worker from the Worker drop-down menu.
Process Compensation Report
Process Compensation - Generate compensation reports for any date or date range.
Select a Begin Date and an End Date for the period.
A list of Workers will display with the assigned Compensation Method. Editable fields include:
If the workers used the Time Clock feature to clock in and out on a daily basis, all clock entries will be added and displayed as a total in the Regular Hours field.
Manually adjust the Regular Hours and Overtime Hours fields to accommodate overtime pay.
Adjust the Extra Pay and/or the Deduction fields as necessary.
Click Unselect All to deselect all workers listed - or, uncheck individual workers as necessary.
Click Select All Workers to select all workers listed - or, recheck individual workers as necessary.
Only workers checked to Include will have a calculated Compensation Total.
The Extra Pay is added, and the Deduction is subtracted at the end of the compensation method.
Click Generate to calculate the compensation period.
Beacon will retrieve the compensation method, Hourly Wage, and/or Salary as set on the Worker Setup > Profile tab, and will use the steps from the method to calculate the appropriate compensation.
Compensation Total is the total compensation owed to the individual worker.
The value for the Total Period Compensation is the total for all workers combined.
To print the Process Compensation page, click the Print button in the upper right-hand corner.
To save the compensation period, click the Archive button in the upper right-hand corner.
After clicking Archive to save the compensation period, a View hyperlink will appear next to each worker.
Click the View hyperlink to view the details of the compensation period.
The Process Compensation Detail page displays the following:
Information from the Process Compensation page
Daily totals per each date of the compensation period for Services, Products, and Hours Worked
Compensation Method steps, including the Result for each step of the compensation method
Previously archived compensation periods can be Reset so that if you had to adjust the compensation method for a worker, you can process the compensation period again to generate new compensation totals.
Client Retention Report
This report offers the ability to generate Retention reports based on specific parameter settings, to view client retention for New or Recurring clients from either the Company perspective or the Worker perspective.
Navigate to the Reports option in the Home tabs.
Select the Client Retention menu item.
Use the Retention Type drop-down menu to select the type of retention you are looking for, either New Clients or Recurring Clients.
Click the Begin Date field to select a beginning date for the report.
Click the End Date field to select an ending date for the report.
New Client Retention: If a client’s first visit is within the selected date range, they will be included in the generated report.
Recurring Client Retention: If a client has had a recurring visit within the selected date range, they will be included in the generated report.
Enter the Number of Visits Required before the client is considered to be retained.
Use the Report Type drop-down menu to select either Company or Worker.
Use the Worker drop-down menu to select an individual worker when the Worker report type is selected.
Click the Generate button to view / print the report.
Company view: When New Clients are retained, the Retained checkbox will be automatically checked.
Worker view: When Recurring Clients are retained, the Retained checkbox will be automatically checked.
Worker Goals Report
Worker Goals - Generate Goals reports for All goals or a specific goal, for an individual worker, for any date range.
NOTE: Goals setup and tracking is detailed in a separate guide. If you would like a copy, please visit the Beacon Resource page on our website or contact the Support department.
Select Start Month and Year
Select End Month and Year
If multiple months and years are part of the date range, the system will display Goals settings for each appropriate time frame within the date range.
Select Goal To Calculate
Select the All option to report on all Goals currently set up in the system
Select an individual Goals option from the list to report on the selected Goals
Select a Worker
Click the Display Goal Results button to generate the report
The Worker Goals report will automatically display.
Each Goal Name will be listed.
The Start Date and End Date fall within the report parameters, but are actually set on the Worker Setup > Goals tab.
The Goal Target is set on the Worker Setup > Goals tab.
Calculated Goal: actual worker’s performance for the goal’s start and end dates.
% of Goal: resulting percentage of Calculated Goal divided by Goal Target.
Activity Comparison Report
Activity Comparison - Generate benchmark comparisons starting with a single date used to compare specific time blocks from the current year and previous year, with a percent of change between the two.
Select the Date to begin the benchmark comparisons.
Select the Report Type of either Company or Worker. The Worker drop-down menu will list all workers when the Worker Report Type is selected.
Select the Worker for whom you wish to generate the report.
Click the Generate button. The report will appear.
Columns on the report:
- Category: Number Of, Amounts, Percentages, Clients
- Date: selected date for the report
- Week to Date: week including and only up to selected date for the report
- Month to Date: month including and only up to selected date for the report
- MTD Last Year: values from same month to date period from previous year
- % Change: compares the difference between the ‘Month to Date’ and ‘Last Year’ values
• negative % indicates a decrease
- Quarter to Date: quarter including and only up to selected date for the report
- QTD Last Year: values from same quarter to date period from previous year
- % Change: compares the difference between the ‘Quarter to Date’ and ‘Last Year’ values
• negative % indicates a decrease
- Year to Date: year including and only up to selected date for the report
- YTD Last Year: values from same year to date period from previous year
- % Change: compares the difference between the ‘Year to Date’ and ‘Last Year’ values
• negative % indicates a decrease
- Prior Year (Calendar): values from the previous calendar year of January through December
- Prior 12 Months: values from the 12 months prior to and up to the selected date for the report
Category items on the report:
• Clients: number of clients with tickets
• Services: number of services sold
• Products: number of products sold
• Products per Client: number of products value divided by the number of clients
• Gifts: number of gifts sold (Company report type only)
• Misc Sales: Number of miscellaneous sales, company type only
Amounts: excludes tax and tips, most values rounded to nearest whole amount
• Total: value of all tickets
- Company report type: Services + Products + Gifts)
- Worker report type: Services + Products
• Services: value of all services sold
• Products: value of all products sold
• Gifts: value of all gifts sold (Company report type only)
• Misc Sales: Value of all miscellaneous sales, company type only
• Per Client: average value of all tickets divided by # of tickets
• Product % of Total Sales: total of all product sales divided by total of all ticket sales
- Services + Products + Gifts = Ticket Sales value
• Productivity % Rate: Scheduled hours (booked time) divided by Work Hours Scheduled
NOTE: The Productivity % Rate will not be accurate if the worker’s services are customized with time durations and Setup > Services > Service does not have any time durations entered.
• % w/ Product: percent of clients with product purchases
• # of New: number of first time ticket service clients
• Rebook %: percent of services flagged as Rebooked divided by all services
• Shows the number (# of) and percent (% of) values for each of the following ratings as recorded on a completed ticket:
Unspecified (where a ticket rating was not selected)
• Gross Pay divided by Total Sales
- Company: Total Gross Pay for all Workers combined divided by Total Sales
- Worker: Total Gross Pay for selected Worker divided by the Worker Sales
• The Gross Pay is as calculated via archived compensation runs.
Monthly Business Analysis Report
The Monthly Business Analysis report is a new report which analyzes completed tickets (including refunds) for a specific month and year, and compares the information to the same month for the prior year.
Select Year - Select the specific year for which you wish to compare to the prior year.
Select Month - Select the specific month for the selected year for which you wish to compare to the same month for the prior year.
For example if the selected Year is 2015 and the selected Month is July, the report will analyze the data from July 2015 compared to July for the prior year of 2014.
Report Type - Choose from either Company Analysis or Worker Analysis. When Worker Analysis is selected, you must also select an individual Worker from the Worker drop-down menu.
Select Service Group - Choose a specific Service Group for which you wish to analyze according to the year and month selections.
Select Product Line - Choose a specific Product Line for which you wish to analyze according to the year and month selections.
Click the Generate button to view the report for the following categories:
Sales: Total Sales, Service Sales, Product Sales, Service Group Service Sales Percentage
Tickets: Total Number of Tickets, Percent of Service Tickets with at least one Product, Average Product Amount Per Ticket (RPCT), Average Service Amount Per Service Ticket (SPST)
• Appointments: Percent Booked (Productivity), Percent Appointments Rebooked
• Inventory: Product Line Sales